The Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry
In our quest for beauty and eternal youth cosmetic dental work is emerging into the forefront. Many patients are choosing to utilize the many different procedures of cosmetic dental work to improve the look of their smile. While dentistry does take into account the treating dental problems and even the prevention of dental problems the main focus is on increasing the appearance of a patient’s smile. While dentistry is not a modern day Fountain of Youth there are significant good things about using cosmetic surgery. An intelligent consumer will consider the issue from all sides. Although it would be imprudent to convey there are no drawbacks to dentistry as of today most patients report being very pleased with the outcome of their procedures. The joy of cosmetic dentistry has many benefits. Here are just a few-
1. Obviously the largest benefit to cosmetic dentistry would it be produces results. Patients who only a few years ago may have needed to be satisfied with chipped, cracked or broken teeth can now have that fixed. Teeth which were deeply discolored could be whitened. In fact most types of dental defects might be corrected with dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry can even reduce telltale signs of aging and leave the patient having a more vibrant and youthful appearance. It can also repair dental damage due to trauma, illness, infection, developmental abnormalities, or heredity.
2. Since cosmetic plastic surgery is so successful it can leave the patient not only with a more attractive physical appearance but an improved psychological outlook at the same time. Many patients report battling numerous years of low self-esteem that is reversed when these kinds of dental problems are corrected or concealed. They report being much more comfortable not only with themselves but with others they have relationships with.
3. Apart from patients who live in extreme rural or remote areas cosmetic dentistry is fairly accessible. Unlike other specialties of plastic surgery, cosmetic dentistry has become fairly widespread even during smaller urban areas. Although dentists choose to specialize in cosmetic dentistry most of the procedures of cosmetic dental work are not beyond the scope of general dentists. This leaves the possibility of utilizing cosmetic dentistry considerably more open to a wider segment of people.
4. While it will be dishonest to say cosmetic dental work is cheap the price of many procedures found in cosmetic dentistry is coming down. This gives many more patients as a way to benefit from cosmetic dentistry. Moreover many dental insurances are going for to cover cosmetic dentistry procedures when carried out to help with structural reasons. Patients considering cosmetic dental work should check with their insurance carrier to see if procedures are covered.
5. Cosmetic dentistry has long lasting effects. Unlike many other cosmetic procedures many cosmetic dental procedures lasts as long as upwards of Decade. This is a huge advantage of patients as it limits how much money and time that must definitely be committed to maintaining whatever method that has been done.
6. The time to recover from cosmetic dentistry is fairly short. Many other cosmetic procedures have to have a lengthy recovery time and involve plenty of pain. Most patients using cosmetic dentistry report not only a short time to recover but very little pain from the recovery. In addition the recovery rate for these procedures is very high with some studies showing success on cosmetic dental procedures up in to the 90th percentile.
As with any other medical decision patients should weigh the two pros and cons and then make the choice that is right for them. Nevertheless the bottom line is dental technologies have provided a fast, efficient and relatively cost efficient way to improve our smiles by the use of cosmetic dentistry.